1x APS-6 equivalent Database Administrator/Data Analyst
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Monday, November 1, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills, and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director, the Senior Data Analyst is responsible for data extraction and analysis; briefing on National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) statistical publications; data visualisation using Power BI, as well as supporting policy and compliance work in the Skills Programs space. As such, the team has a focus on technical data specialists with understanding of statistical concepts, data manipulation and presentation.
For this position we are particularly looking for someone with experience in working with databases and, preferably some database administration experience. Candidates would ideally have a demonstrated ability to program in one or more languages, undertake and clearly communicate data analysis for a non-data audience.
As we are a service team, dealing with data requests from many areas of the department, verbal and written communication skills are paramount.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Database administration, including liaison with IT areas with respect to team databases, as required
• Data visualization in Power BI including developing data-rich reports and dashboards to communicate meaningful insights to varied audiences in Power BI
• Application of advanced data analysis skills using an analysis language (SQL or R preferred) to join and analyse multiple data sets
• Contribution to ministerial and other briefs, related to VET data
• Liaison with other teams within DESE with respect to use of VET data
• Contribution to ad hoc VET data requests, either as lead responder or QA
• Leadership and/or mentoring of other team members in technical and non-technical skills
1. Bachelor’s degree in engineering with a reasonable programming component, Software Engineering, or Computer Science. Other qualifications will be considered, depending on relevant experience
2. Database administration experience.
3. Advanced data analysis skills using an analysis language (SQL or R preferred) to join and analyze multiple data sets.
4. Excellent communication skills
5. Ability to work well in a team
1. Data visualization in Power BI including developing data-rich reports and dashboards to communicate meaningful insights to varied audiences in Power BI
Must Have current baseline clearance