1x Business Intelligence Analyst (Sydney or Geelong)
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021
New South Wales,Victoria
Agency / Department
National Disability Insurance Agency
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
About the Role
The APS6 Business Intelligence Analyst is accountable under limited direction to undertake complex work that is guided by legislation, policies, procedures, standards, methodologies and precedents.
The position is a team leadership position within the NDIA and will have delegated authority and responsibility to resolve issues and risks across a range of activities. It will provide the leadership, control, planning, resource management, performance management and decision making for the Team Membership within the positions assigned Work Area.
The APS6 Business Intelligence Analyst will focus on collaborating with key business areas in the development and implementation of consumable reports and analytics to address key risks and emerging trends within these areas. It will work collaboratively within a creative, effective, agile and technically skilled team of data analysts to produce consistent and accurate reports and insights to improve Scheme performance.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Delivering BI analytics that are coordinated and consistent with other accounts.
• Developing and delivering strong methodology and business resources.
• Interpreting trends and analysis in the context of the scheme.
• Translating key data insights into value adding products.
• Collaborating across the branch to ensure consistent analytics, actions and messaging.
• Articulating complex information into simple messages that can be consumed by key stakeholders with varied levels of data literacy (NOTE: the key responsibilities of the role are based on current priorities and may change over time) Role Specifications Please see below a list of the main physical and psychological work environment characteristics that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this role. Working environment
• working in an open office environment (exposure to general workplace chatter)
• working in a team environment
• working in a hot desk environment
• managing demanding and changing workloads and competing priorities
• working alone
• significant periods of sitting at a counter or desk
• operating a telephone, computer
• computer/screen based work
• high levels of phone usage
• high levels of face to face work
• attending meetings for extended periods Emotional
• dealing with confronting and complex situations and information Information Technology and Security
• Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) clearance
• computer/software applications - Microsoft Office computer based work
• ability to access and use client records management system (CRM) and associated NDIA business applications Where possible, the NDIA will make reasonable adjustments to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
1. Stakeholder engagement- 5+ years of proven experience in stakeholder engagement and delivering major projects in the Business Intelligence space working across cross-functional teams.
2. Expert ability in understanding end users’ (account) needs, translate these needs into requirements and develop visualisation prototypes in line with team standards.
Not Applicable for this opportunity
Pre-engagement Checks will be undertaken by NDIA and commencement is subject to the Specified Personnel meeting the standard in relation to the Pre-Engagement Check requirements. The Contractor must comply with and ensure ongoing compliance with the Pre-Engagement Checks. NDIA welcome candidates that hold the right to work within Australia.