2x Application\System tester
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
We are seeking an Application\System Tester to support the modernisation of the Full Carbon Accounting Model (FullCAM) and Australian Greenhouse Emissions Information System (AGEIS) system and associated applications. The successful applicant will work in a cross-disciplinary team and work on both externally and internally faced applications. The role includes (but not limited to) developing\writing test cases, undertaking testing of Web-based applications, APIs and CI\CD implementations within a cloud and on-premise environments. In addition, this Tester role will document test outcomes and contribute to user help\training documentation and forums.
• A minimum 3 years' experience in Application\System tester roles related to Web Based Applications and CI\CD deployment.
• Expertise in developing Application\System Test artefacts, including but not limited to Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test cases from Use Cases, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Defect report, Test Summary reports.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organisational skills, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
• Extensive experience working in both agile and waterfall environments and utilising tools such as DevOps
• Ability to collaborate and work productively within a cross functional team of Product Owners, Business Analysts, Architects, Application developers, Web Developers and the business Sector Matter Experts is essential
• Confident in providing constructive feedback on issues found.
• Qualification in computer science would be advantageous but not required.
• Experience or skills in automation testing desirable. Place of work – DISER office, Canberra City
1. Demonstrated experience as an Application/System tester related to Web Based Applications and CI/CD deployment.
2. Ability to work/communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team and with stakeholders to deliver agreed outcomes
3. Demonstrated ability to work in a agile and waterfall environments, be self-motivated/organised and experience with DevOps
4. Strong verbal and written skills and ability to participate in user demonstrations.
1. Extensive testing experience to optimise existing coding to Cloud environments.
2. Expertise undertaking web based development activities would be advantages but not required
3. Experience or skills in developing automation scripts for testing applications/ functionality.
Must Have current baseline clearance
1 x 2 months extensions | 2 x 4 months extensions