5 x Computational Workflow Support Specialists
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021
Australian Capital Territory,South Australia,Victoria
Agency / Department
Defence Science and Technology Group (DSTG)
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
With limited guidance the Computational Workflow Support Specialist will undertake the following duties: * Deliver highly complex secure common software stacks and environments consisting of optimised scientific codes, applications, libraries and toolsets. This includes vetting, building and installing codes, optimising runtime performance of advanced research toolchains while ensuring reproducibility, establishing and maintaining internal support tools (e.g. for automation, security, health monitoring, metrics, etc.) * Provide innovative problem-solving approaches to optimise high performance computing research workflows, performance benchmarking and code optimisation within time frames and quality requirements. * Share expertise, guide and mentor less experienced employees and work in a multi-disciplinary team to deliver these outcomes.
1. The successful applicants will have:
•Demonstrated experience in a 3 or more of the following languages:
2. The successful applicants will have: •Proven experience and excellent ability to trace, debug and analyse code and data paths in massively parallel environments.
3. The successful applicants will have: •Advanced understanding of dependency management and code build process used by 3 or more of the following tools / repository managers: ◦make ◦cmake ◦pip ◦cran ◦cpan ◦mvn ◦scons ◦spack
4. The successful applicants will: •Technically detailed understanding of the following hpc technologies and protocols: ◦Linux Kernel System Call Interface. ◦Libraries and tools used in massively parallel environments eg: OpenMPI or mpiCH. ◦Mellanox Infiniband RDMA. ◦Advanced batch schedulers including topology aware scheduling for latency sensitive workflows.
5. Professionally the successful applicants will have proven abilities and relevant experience: •Excellent code problem solving, documentation and communication skills. •Implementing and complying with Australian Government and Defence security and information management requirements. •Working pro-actively on the optimisation of codes for use in massively parallel environments.
1. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary team environments.
Baseline at a minimum - NV1 or NV2 preferred.
12 month extension (22/23)