AGD-ICT-RFQ-225 IT Network Engineer
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Sunday, December 19, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Attorney-General's Department is seeking the services of suitably qualified and experienced network engineers to assist with design, build and implementation across a variety of on-premise, cloud and application-based projects and BAU work. The successful candidate could provide expertise across a range of areas including:
•Network architecture and design
•Implementation of network solutions (including development and execution of test plans)
•Support and remediation to ensure accreditation for network or network-based solutions
•Enhancements, remediation and general support of the AGD network
•Review of support, maintenance and service provider licensing, support or transition
•Support and maintenance of CISCO hardware and Video Conferencing end-points
•Configuration, support and maintenance of CISCO Unified Communication technologies including Call Manager (CUCM), Contact Centre, expressway, voicemail, fax, CMS, attendant console etc
•Knowledge transfer sessions and documentation of network design, as-built or support material to ensure knowledge transfer Please note that the Attorney-General's Department offers some flexibility for contractors to work remotely in a hybrid model for the right candidate. This option can be discussed post an initial period after on-boarding. Additional expenses incurred by Supplier-proposed personnel will not be accepted by the Attorney-General's Department.
1. The right attitude ensures successful business outcomes.
The candidate is someone that shares knowledge and experiences, has a can-do and flexible approach, and recognise the importance of following Department processes and documentation requirements.
2. Highly developed Network skills preferably in a Cisco based environment including knowledge of Cisco products, switching, firewalls, routing and WAN topology. Ideally with experience across CISCO Unified Communication technologies.
3. Must have experience developing networking documentation, network designs and artefacts including network diagrams, standard operating procedures etc.
4. Good understanding of networking security principles and how risks can be mitigated using tools, processes and technologies.
1. Experience with F5 LTM, ASM and APM modules used for Load-Balancing, Application security and remote access.
2. Experience planning, configuration, optimising and deploying Cloud based networking services to support web-based application delivery in a Cloud environment such as Azure or AWS including automation scripts, IaC, monitoring and alerting across cloud environments.
Must Have current negative vetting level 1 clearancecurrent nv1 clearance
Option for extension to 30 June 2024