AGD-ICT-RFQ-236 - Project Manager
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
Attorney General's Department is seeking an experienced Project Manager.
The Department's program of work contains both applications and infrastructure based projects including the use of cloud services. The project manager will need strong experience in each of these areas as they will be expected to manage multiple projects. The IT Division has approximately 150 staff who have project and BAU responsibilities. The project manager will be expected to be familiar with MS Office, Project, TFS (desirable).
The Project Manager will:
• Manage the delivery of multiple development and/or infrastructure projects using the department’s agreed methodology.
• Design project implementation and resource plans, execute and manage project deliverables and costs.
• Work closely with internal stakeholders and business areas to create and deliver solutions that optimise the implementation of technology including traditional on-premise and public cloud infrastructure.
• Be aware of government procurement guidelines and prepare detailed procurement documentation, including managing request for quote processes for any necessary procurements to support project requirements.
• Hold a current NV1 Security Clearance. NV1 is required for this position - However, the department will consider candidates with baseline clearance if they demonstrate exceptional experience and skills. PLEASE NOTE: Attorney-General's Department is largely working remotely for the foreseeable future. This presents a challenge for engaging with stakeholders that a successful candidate will have to navigate. The suitable candidate may be required to work remotely initially, and onsite in Canberra in the longer term as part of the Information Division of Attorney-General's Department. The successful candidate will also attend and actively participate in project planning events as required either by phone, video or in person and deliver work in a self-managing multi-disciplined team environment. A condition of engagement is that proposed personnel have the required resources to work remotely. Additional expenses incurred by Supplier-proposed personnel will not be accepted by the Attorney-General's Department.
1. Demonstrated experience in managing ICT projects using formal project management methodologies (eg. Prince or Agile) and/or demonstrated experience in managing large and complex IT infrastructure projects
2. Proven experience in managing multiple tasks to challenging deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
3. Ability to manage budget, resources, and risk to ensure the successful outcomes of projects
4. Demonstrated experience and skills with engaging and managing ICT vendors, including approach to markets, evaluation, and delivery management.
5. Exceptional communication, presentation and facilitation skills and a highly professional approach including the ability to produce materials for Senior Executives
1. Project management qualifications, with a sound knowledge of techniques for establishing, planning, monitoring, and controlling major ICT projects
2. A sound understanding of both project management methodologies (PRINCE2, PMBOK) and agile frameworks (Scrum) for delivery of ICT projects
Must Have current negative vetting level 1 clearancecurrent nv1 clearance
The Department may extend for period or periods up to 30 June 2023.