AGD-ICT-RFQ-241 - IT Service Desk Analyst – 4 positions (3 in Canberra and 1 in Sydney)
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Thursday, November 18, 2021
Australian Capital Territory,New South Wales
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$60 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
Brief Role Description:
The Service Desk Analyst provides first and limited second level IT support to the Attorney-General’s Department and the Australian Government Solicitor. The role is the first point of contact for all IT systems, via phone, email, onsite-support, including video conferencing and training and as directed.
The successful applicant will work as part of a local and geographically disperse team and shares a reporting line. The candidate must possess strong client service and technical skills, and applies sound judgement and initiative. Our desired candidate must have a “can-do” attitude, a willingness to learn new skills and have the ability to think outside the box.
Must have a proven understanding of ITIL and IT Service Desk & Onsite best practice. The hours of operation are 37.5 per week with some out of hours and weekend requirements as directed. We have four (4) positions available. Three (3)_in Canberra and one (1) in Sydney. Some interstate travel maybe required.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Working as a member of a cohesive team, providing effective first and limited second level IT support and assistance to AGD and AGS clients
• Liaise with clients and other areas on technical support issues, problem resolution and assistance, through to resolution.
• Contribute to problem rectification and fault reporting including logging, escalation and coordination with team members and other IT support areas using an ITSM tool.
• Install and configuration software and hardware
• Assist in the development and maintenance of standard operating processes and procedures
• Log, manage and process Incidents and emails in job queues through an ITSM database
• Perform the installation and configuration of desktop hardware and other devices
• Utilise and contribute to the support material such as standard operating procedures and knowledge base.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of material for the operation of the section.
• Undertake project work and other tasks as required or directed.
• The candidate must hold a current NV 1 security clearance.
1. Strong experience in the provision of desktop/network support services with the ability to handle an interrupt driven environment meeting deadlines whilst managing day to day requests.
2. Demonstrated experience in providing onsite support and working within a Service/Help Desk environment.
3. Experience and knowledge in a broad range of technical skills including; Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange, Citrix, Windows 10, Microsoft Office, VPN, Mobility Devices including tablets, Next G, Telephony, and Video Conferencing.
4. A strong client service focus, delivery of quality customer service, communication and negotiation skills, both verbal and written.
5. Demonstrated initiative and capacity to be self-directed in combination with working in a geographically spread team and working with staff who reside interstate.
1. Experience and knowledge with ICT technology, software and applications including the associated protective security policies and standards
Must Have current negative vetting level 1 clearancecurrent nv1 clearance
options to extend for an additional 12 months