Agile Project Officers (Multiple)
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Sunday, October 3, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$80 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment seeks experienced Agile Project Officers to join our team.
Who will the specialist work with?
Agile Delivery Project Support Officers will work in the Digital Employment Services Platform (DESP) IT Coordination Team under the direction of the DESP IT Project Manager. Agile Delivery Project Support Officers will be required to assist under limited supervision to coordinate planning tasks and agile delivery ceremonies across a large number of IT teams developing software under a SAFe agile framework
What will the specialist do?
•Assist the DESP IT Project Manager coordinate Program Increment Planning tasks throughout the program increment cycles
•Coordinate with teams to ensure that relevant backlog items are created in Azure DevOps delivery status indicators are kept up to date and in line with reporting requirements for the program increment.
•Assist the DESP IT Project Manager in the development of the solution roadmap and tracking completion of the features to achieve this roadmap.
•Ensure that project budgets are monitored and issues reported on where there are variances.
•Maintain the issues and risk register for the DESP IT project inputting into the overall DESP issues and risk registers where appropriate.
•Maintain a register of feature/product releases for the DESP IT project.
•Prepare adhoc and regular briefings on the DESP IT project progress, risk and issues for the Assistant Secretary and First Assistant Secretary.
•Prepare material and papers for inclusion in DESP governance committees at a number of different levels within the organisation.
•Work with DESP Product Owners to coordinate regular backlog refinement and prioritisation workshops across a number of IT teams and ensure problem definitions and acceptance criteria information remains updated
1. Demonstrated Agile Delivery experience on both SAFe and PRINCE2 projects
2. A proven track record in working in Agile environment to develop the artefacts required for large projects.
3. Demonstrated high degree of organisational and time management skills, including a demonstrated ability to meet priorities and working to tight deadlines.
4. Demonstrated experience coordinating and leading consultation with internal and external stakeholders to assist with successful delivery of projects.
5. Experience implementing and aligning work to the agile practices and supporting /coaching of the Scrum Masters and Product Owners across their stream/train.
1. Experience using Azure DevOps and/or Jira Align for Agile Methodology
Ability to Obtain baseline clearance
Two option periods of twelve months each. Subject to funds availability and delegate approval