API developer - AC2053
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021
New South Wales,Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$130 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Business Services team requires the services of a motivated and engaged API Developer. The key attributes which we seek are:
•Demonstrated experience with using Java to develop APIs in an enterprise environment
•Experience with event driven message buses would be strongly preferred
•Experience with messaging layers and designing canonical data models would be strongly preferred
•Supports end-to-end functional testing and user acceptance testing (UAT) experience of business process management (BPM) applications.
•Provide strategic thinking, solutions and roadmaps while driving enterprise recommendations while ensuring adherence to standards and establish standards where they may not yet exist
•Demonstrates an understanding of both the business process(es) and the technical application of the Framework(s) worked on.
•Ensures that systems are built for change, are reusable, and maintainable.
•5+ years of experience working on software development projects. List of services which we expect from the selected candidate:
•Develop new applications for both internal facing and external facing use cases
•Handle system enhancements across several existing systems
•Assist with the training and upskilling of other staff AUSTRAC is currently operating on a mixed working from the office and home arrangement. The specified personnel will be required to work in the office for a minimum of 2-3 days per week and the remainder from home. Further details will be discussed with the successful personnel upon commencement
1. Extent to which the Supplier’s response meets AUSTRAC’s technical requirements.
2. The Supplier’s demonstrated capability and capacity to provide the requirements through a practical written assessment.
3. The Supplier’s demonstrated adaptability and flexibility as it relates to working in an agile development team, and their willingness to share ideas and best practices with the team.
4. The Supplier’s level of interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively when working collaboratively with team members and customer stakeholders, e.g. the ability to communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience.
1. Whole of life costs incurred by AUSTRAC. Considerations will include both the quoted price and any costs AUSTRAC will incur as a result of accepting the Supplier’s response.
Ability to Obtain nv1 clearance
2 x 12 Months