Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$95 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The ICT Operations Branch provides ICT support and underpinning infrastructure services to the department and the Ministers’ Offices, ensuring all staff in the department and MOs have access to stable and secure technology. The ICT Network & Data Centre Management section falls within the ICT Operations Branch.
The Data Centre Management Team is responsible for the management of all data centres, server hosts and virtualisation, along with storage, backup and restore capability. The team is also responsible for providing after hours on-call support for our infrastructure.
The candidate will be responsible for leading automation in the Data Centre and Infrastructure team. This includes the development of the department’s vRealize Automation (vRA) platform. The candidate will be responsible for creating blueprints and workflows that aim to improve efficiencies of daily operational tasks. Furthermore, the candidate will also be responsible for coordinating with end users to assist and train them with using vRA’s self-service portal.
- Experience/Knowledge of VMWare technologies including:
- VMware vSphere
- Realize Automation
- vRealize Orchestrator
- vRealize Operations
- vRealize Log Insight
- VMware NSX for vSphere
- VMware NSX-T
- Scripting and coding experience in:
- Experience/Knowledge of Kubernetes and containerization
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of deploying workloads to hybrid cloud environments.
- Ability to produce documentation for processes and procedures
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills to work with skilled technical people, including making presentations to staff and stakeholders and coaching staff
- Experience in administering the following compute infrastructure:
- HPE c7000 and Gen9/10 ProLiant Blade Servers
- HPE Synergy Chassis and Blades
- HPE DL Rack Mount Servers
- HPE Apollo Servers
- Experience in administering the following storage systems:
- HPE 3PAR Storage Systems
- HPE Storeonce Systems
- NetApp E-Series Storage Arrays
- Dell Isilon/PowerScale
- Brocade Fabric Switches
- Brocade Network Advisor
- Experience and knowledge of Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Saltstack.
Must have a current baseline clearance
Two x 12 monh extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate