Jobs/Azure Cloud Engineer
Agency / Department
Department of Defence
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
DXC Analytics are currently seeking a motivated Azure Cloud Engineer with broad technical experience for a major Federal government client. You will be part of a dynamic team working from a Canberra client site. Candidate must be within commuting distance of the ACT, or willing to relocate.
The Cloud Engineer is an experienced, multi-skilled professional, who can work within a small team responsible for delivering reactive and proactive operational support end-to-end in DXC-managed cloud environments.
The Cloud Engineer is motivated to take strong ownership on actions, to find innovative ways to improve the services’ agility and efficiency, and to continuously gain more skills.
- Supports 24x7 operations of production Sharepoint, Dynamics and other Azure cloud environments o Includes monitoring, incident response, answering service requests, and execution of changes
- Take ownership of incoming actions and issues and drive them to resolution
- Work within a multi-skilled team
- Consulting with other team members to extend your reach to get to success
- Assist in proactively and continuously improve the service through
- driving further automation by scripting repeatable tasks o improving monitoring metrics to detect incidents before they occur
- fixing incident root causes by contributing code fixes or design changes back to the service specifications
- Execute service requests logged by customers within scope of services
- Leverage automation tools and Infrastructure as Code tools to maintain environment and execute changes while adhering to change management process
- Understand and contribute to processes and tools used by team
- Identify areas of operations with quality deficits or automation opportunities and work to improve
- Trained or experienced and certified in Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new frameworks/technologies and quickly integrate with them for automation service delivery.
- Able to find effective workarounds to product limitations/constraints.
- Team worker with strong ownership and drive.
- Exposure in one or more of the following technical domains is highly desirable but not essential:
- SharePoint Online
- Dynamics 365
- Enterprise Search
- Content Management
- Agile methodology
- ITIL framework
Must have a baseline clearance with the ability to obtain a Negative Vetting 1
One x 12 month extension option
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate