Jobs/Azure Services Developer
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Australian Electoral Commission
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
The Self-Service Platform project is providing a significant opportunity to transform the AEC's relationships with political participants, such as registered political parties and nominating candidates. The project is implementing foundational capabilities that position the AEC to be able to conduct business with key stakeholders through an online Self-Service Platform, moving away from various ad hoc, manual processes. The project will streamline current business processes which will benefit the AEC and political participants both at the operational and strategic levels.
Our Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should be able to hit the ground running and deliver on tight timeframes. They should also possess the ability to communicate well and work with geographically separated stakeholders.
The Azure Services Developer’s primary role is to implement, deploy and maintain services that will be consumed by various cloud based components interacting with each other
Duties and Responsibilities
• In partnership with the rest of the development team provide systems expertise to enhance and improve existing software, including designing, developing, implementing and testing software systems, in line with business requirements and software development standards.
• In collaboration with other teams in the work area, investigate and resolve complex issues with the operation of an application.
• Ensure deadlines are consistently met and that a high standard of technical and design documentation is provided.
• Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time. Attributes and Skills To be suitable for this position, you will have:
• Experience in implementing solutions consuming Azure services - including, but not limited to the following: o Web apps o Serverless Compute - Azure Functions o Storage – BLOB and File o Integration - Service Bus and Event Hub o Identity - Azure Active Directory (AAD) and Azure B2C
• The ability to develop and maintain high quality, secure, robust and scalable enterprise level software solutions, such as REST APIs, based on the .NET Framework or .NET Core.
• Experience with GIT version control and common branching strategies
• The ability to effectively communicate amongst technical peers including documenting solutions and constructing technical artefacts To excel in this position, you would also have these complementary skills:
• Demonstrated experience in, or knowledge of, Azure DevOps and CI/CD pipelines using YAML as first choice or Classic Editor
• Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting, debugging and analysis of a code/pattern related problem
• Experience with PowerShell scripting
• Experience with Dynamics 365 and workflow integration development To apply Please provide a one-page pitch outlining what you can bring to the role by addressing how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications make you the best person for this opportunity.
1. Applicants must be Australian citizens.
Not Applicable for this opportunity
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate