Business Analyst – Generic Voter Registration System
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Australian Electoral Commission
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) wishes to recruit an agile Business Analyst, with scrum and project management skills for up to 40 weeks to support the AEC’s management and delivery of the Generic Voter Registration System (GVRS) for the Pacific Islands, Australia, and New Zealand Electoral Administrators (PIANZEA) Network Members.
GVRS is a database management tool for storing and analysing voter registration data. GVRS was developed by the AEC to meet the voter registration system needs of nations in the Pacific. GVRS has helped several Pacific nations customise, develop and administer cost-effective and simple voter registration systems that deliver more robust and accurate voter rolls.
The AEC maintains and supports the use of GVRS. The AEC seeks an experienced Business Analyst to develop a strategic framework for GVRS to improve its management and governance, and to work with PIANZEA Network Members and the AEC’s IT Solutions (ITS) Section to address current and emerging needs of GVRS users. The Business Analyst will work closely with CIE, ITS and PIANZEA Network Members to ensure that GVRS remains relevant to emerging requirements and remains fit-for-purpose for use in the Pacific.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Defining the vision, mission, and goals, desired target state, and roadmap for GVRS in collaboration with the AEC and PIANZEA stakeholders.
• Defining processes for lifecycle management of GVRS.
• Developing User Agreements for GVRS.
• Establishing trusted relationships with GVRS users in the Pacific.
• Analysing, defining, and working with ITS to address current GVRS user requirements.
• Analysing, defining, and working with ITS to address emerging GVRS requirements.
• In collaboration with ITS, facilitating GVRS learning clinics and/or updates to the GVRS manual for PIANZEA Network members.
• Ensuring product delivery is in accordance with AEC Software Development Life Cycle.
• Providing accurate specialist advice, guidance, solutions, and reporting on GVRS.
• Other duties as directed The Business Analyst will be required to work from the AEC’s National Office in Canberra, with flexible working options available. If required by the AEC, the Business Analyst must have the capacity to work from home if directed.
1. Proven experience in systems / business analysis for IT systems with an ability to translate and document business and stakeholder needs into solution requirements.
2. Experience working with software applications developed using Microsoft and .NET, managed in Microsoft DevOps.
3. Strong project management, organisational skills, and agile/scrum background.
4. Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, including the ability to work with people across all levels of an organisation and across cultures.
5. A demonstrated ability to work autonomously and a strong commitment to working collaboratively across teams to achieve results and support the AEC’s strategic direction.
1. An understanding of developing IT solutions in low infrastructure environments suitable for use in small Pacific island or other similar nations.
At the sole discretion of the AEC, the contract may be extended for one or more periods not exceeding 12 months.