Agency / Department
Department of Defence
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$90 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
CAF16 within JC2SPO is the applicable Integrated Project/ Product Team in CASG that is responsible for the CAF16 systems related requirements engineering aspects
- CAF16 Business Analyst is accountable under limited direction to perform and achieve complex Command and Control Systems related ICT business analysis work within an integrated workforce. They are accountable to ensure they have knowledge of and compliance with Technical Regulatory and legislative frameworks, government decision-making and Defence’s mission and policy requirements.
- CAF16 Business Analyst will work independently with the opportunity for reasonable autonomy and accountability for the achievement of outcomes of their work. They will exercise both initiative and judgement in the interpretation of CASG policy and in the application of practices and procedures. They will provide detailed ICT business analysis technical, professional and CASG policy advice in relation to complex work and contribute to strategic planning, program and project management and policy development and work closely with the CAF16 Requirements Engineer.
- CAF16 Business Analyst will have considerable level of stakeholder engagement and will liaise with stakeholders in relation to complex issues. They will be required to identify, anticipate and respond to stakeholders’ needs and expectations to achieve work unit and Defence outcomes.
- This role is within the CASG environment working with CAF16, within JC2SPO. The Business Analyst will support CAF16 Requirements Engineer and work within the CAF16 Engineering team and in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, to gather; document; validate; manage and maintain user requirements (business and technical) for an in-service software baselines, and new software products from the contractor Systems in a way that can be contracted and delivered within the assigned resources and timeframes, in compliance with applicable legislative constraints, and within acceptable business risk, taking a whole of life view. The CAF16 Business Analyst will support CAF16 Requirements Engineer in performing tasks across the entire capability lifecycle, from requirements analysis, through to V&V, and in service support.
- Specific responsibilities of the Business Analyst are likely to include contribution to the development of CAF16 user requirements (including OCD and FPS), review of contracted deliverables, representing the Commonwealth in contract discussions, meetings and integrated working groups, development of technical briefs/ minutes, technical and administrative support to testing activities and test witnessing.
- As a CAF16 Business Analyst, you will support programs in requirement development, identifying interfaces (both internal and external) and further decompose CAF16 architecture and requirements to sufficiently facilitate design synthesis. You will support CAF16 Requirements Engineer to develop modelling and perform trades and analysis optimization.
- As a Business Analyst, you will be required to work within the CAF16 Engineering team, and will become an integral to the conduct of support to the CAF16 Systems. The Business Analyst will report to the CAF16 Engineering Manager as the reporting chain.
The Specified Persons must have the skills, tertiary qualifications, and demonstrated experience necessary to perform the specified tasks:
- Business Analysis Plan
- Business Requirements Specification
- Business Case (to address identified shortcomings in the current CAF16 systems (as required) and related tool Functional Performance Specification (SW Tool Functionality)
- Non-functional Specification (Hardware, Performance Requirements, Safety Requirements, Environmental Compliance)
- Systems Engineering Lifecycle
- Software Development Lifecycle
- ICT Network Architecture
- Effective stakeholder engagement, critical thinking, problem solving and proven technical writing
- Experience in use of and knowledge of Air C2 systems and applications (or equivalent Army/Navy systems);
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical personnel at all organization levels including suppliers and customers
must have a current NV1 clearance
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate