Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$140 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Fully develop up to four government use cases:
- Initial user centred design has been undertaken with documentation at a conceptual level. The Business Analyst would need to facilitate workshops and dialogues with policy and systems stakeholders to identify, plan and deliver JEDI-enabling use cases and document business requirements. This will require experience in communicating abstract concepts, aspirational ideas and innovative functionality and helping stakeholders to articulate potential connections to both identified and unidentified business requirements and translating these into business and system processes.
- Business requirements will need to feed into the development of a new data science platform that enables the department to move a model from the development environment to production.
Document data requirements:
- The document would clearly set out the data which satisfy the business requirements and assess its readiness and priority for on boarding to the new JEDI data science platform.
- To develop the requirements the Business Analyst would need to work with data custodians to identify and troubleshoot on boarding issues such as data variables and format, access, data quality and updates.
- The document will include a detailed analysis of the project’s data gaps and the data attributes that would be required to fill these gaps.
Develop a project plan:
- The project plan will apply project management principles, document design and development procedures, functional specifications and resource requirements in collaboration with stakeholders.
- The project plan will need to take into account the opportunities and dependencies of related data infrastructure projects underway across the Department and its key stakeholders.
- The Business Analyst will need to work with the data scientists in the JEDI Data Analytics teams to establish sprint work planning structures and processes.
- The Business Analyst will need work with IT security and data teams to identify build options that satisfy both user needs and security requirements.
The Business Analyst will also be responsible to support and guide project implementation and decision making.
- Experience in supporting similar data implementation projects.
- Experience in working with policy, technical IT and data specialists.
- Experience in developing use cases for government and documenting business requirements.
- Ability to communicate with and influence stakeholders.
- Experience in implementing machine learning capability in a citizen-focused digital transformation programme.
- Demonstrated understanding, or ability to gain such, of the department’s systems across education, skills and employment.
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate