Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$113 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment seeks experienced Business Analysts to join our team. The team is responsible for providing a wide range of digital services to support the business and operating environment of the department.
This role represents an exciting opportunity for Business Analyst to join a multidisciplinary team. As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for undertaking a range of requirement gathering activities. You will also be required to conduct investigations, undertake specialist or technical research and analysis activities, or provide professional advice within an area of specialization based on systems knowledge, policy and legislation.
- Analyse, facilitate, model, and organise information in order to reconcile conflicts, elicit requirements and distinguish solution ideas from business needs;
- Producing analysis and design documentation such as high level and detailed requirements, business process maps, user stories and user interface specifications etc;
- Map current and future state business processes;
- Lead consultation with internal and external stakeholders;
- Provide assistance in the planning and management of user acceptance activities;
- Support the projects undertaken by the business area in line with the DTA processes
- Demonstrated experience in transformational programs, guiding and driving product owners/business SME to develop user journey, business features, streamline business processes and consolidate common services/data to deliver business change to deliver contemporary customer experience.
- A proven track record in working in Agile environment to develop requirements artefacts for complex IT systems including websites and mobile applications.
- Experience working with complex IT systems, including a sound understanding of system interoperability, database structures and data flows between systems.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and leading consultation with internal and external consultants to elicit user and business requirements.
- Proven ability in development of high quality BA artefacts as required.
- Previous experience in a Government agency is highly desired
- Experience using Azure DevOps for Agile Methodology
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Two option periods of twelve months each:
- a. 1 Jul 2021 to 30 Jun 2022,
- b. 1 Jul 2022 to 30 Jun 2023
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate