Jobs/Business Analyst ANU21-ITS031
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Australian National University
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory,Offsite
Overview and Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced Business Analyst (BA) with strong technical expertise to be part of the ANU Virtual Desktop (VDI) project working with the Information Technology Services (ITS) division.
The BA will work in collaboration with project resources to document and lead the gathering, analysis and specification of both business and technical requirements. This work will include, but not be limited to:
• Leading engagements with various stakeholder groups across the following spaces, executives, professional staff (e.g., IT Staff) and academics (e.g., Researchers).
• Communicating technical concepts to IT and non-IT executives to achieve project outcomes.
• Accurately documenting current-state IT environments across Service Divisions (e.g., IT), Colleges and Schools.
• Working with project resources and technical staff to document, analyse and agree on IT services and technologies that can be transitioned to a centrally maintained environment.
• Lead the documentation of business, functional and non-functional requirements to inform relevant design and build activities as required for uplifting internal ITS capabilities and transitioning the IT environments of stakeholders.
• Reviewing and evaluating solution documentation to ensure accuracy, completeness, and alignment against requirements.
• Support the University’s go to market and tender selection process for the VDI solution.
• Developing technical documents, walking business and technical stakeholders through reviews of the documents, and securing signoff of the documents; and
• Assisting in the development of project management, change management and architectural artefacts. This role requires a confident self-starter who can take the initiative to manage their own work priorities with many moving parts and deliver the required quality outputs within a rigorous timeframe.
1. Minimum 10-years’ experience as a business analyst working in complex technical IT environments, analysing the provision of IT services and capabilities. Expected areas of exposure will include virtual desktop infrastructure platforms and the associated support mechanisms of application vitalisation, migration and/or consolidation of desktop environments (Windows and Linux).
2. Ability to develop clear, concise, and engaging artefacts (e.g., documents and diagrams) that accurately capture the current state of IT environments, inclusive of IT services, technologies/products, interdependencies between systems, security requirements, transition risks and improvement opportunities.
3. Extensive experience in leading workshops, eliciting, analysing, documenting, and agreeing detailed functional and non-functional requirements, including but not limited to processes, data flows, interfaces, integrations, and security controls.
1. Experience working in the University sector or higher education environments and/or working with academics, researchers, or educators.
1 x 3 Months
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate