Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
National Blood Authority
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$115 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The NBA is looking for an experienced Business Analysts to join the Information and Technology Services section. The successful Business / Systems Analyst will be expected to contribute their experience and skills to support improvements to NBA systems while producing user stories, business requirements and functional specifications. This role provides the opportunity for a senior and experienced Business Analyst to work in challenging and rewarding projects that support the operation of an efficient blood sector. Previous experience in Business / Systems Analysis and technical writing engagements is required. This role will require the successful candidate to engage with both external and internal stakeholders, identify user needs, manage priorities and adapt to a dynamic working environment. The candidate will be required to: 1.Acquire a working knowledge of NBA systems and processes. 2.Capture complex requirements by facilitating requirements gathering workshops, undertaking detailed user research and analysis of business / technical requirements of the project. 3.Work with the Product Owner to maintain the backlog of user stories. 4.Work with Enterprise Architects to prepare a functional solution options paper and present it to senior business executives to gain approval. 5.Elaborate user stories with continued interaction with business team. 6.Work in an agile team with development and testing teams to implement the user stories; 7.Showcase key functionality to business at regular intervals. 8.Participate in all stages of the project lifecycle including sprint planning, retrospectives etc. 9.Work with the project team to prepare prototypes and present them to business. 10.Identify risks and issues in the project and highlight them to the team / project manager in a timely fashion. 11.Support team members, work collaboratively to contribute to achieving the team’s business outcomes. 12.Liaise with external, internal stakeholders and senior executives to derive project needs; 13.Be flexible, show initiative and respond quickly when situation changes; and Manage requirements / project change requests. The role will require a Baseline security clearance.
1. Provide a 1-2 A4 page response demonstrating your experience and knowledge. To be successful, the candidate should meet the following key areas and criteria:
Business / system analysis, including elicitation and clarification of business, data and process requirements on large-scale systems.
2. Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into technical documentation for IT solutions and produce concise non-technical documentation
3. Highly effective written and oral communication skills, including the ability to influence decisions with evidence-based analysis and negotiate to achieve the desired outcome.
4. Experience in Agile methodology, able to prepare user stories, technical analysis documents, user journey and service map with a strong focus on user centred design (UCD).
5. Demonstrated ability to prepare functional solution options papers and present it to senior business executives.
6. Good understanding of Digital Service Standards
Not Applicable for this opportunity
Must Have current baseline clearance