Jobs/Business or Enterprise Architect Roles
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Digital Transformation Agency
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$150 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
The DTA has a requirement for a number of enterprise/business architects to progress the development of a whole of government architecture and reuse agendas.
The Australian Government is progressing whole of government architecture to ‘drive design and investment decisions as whole of government’. The vision is to take us from siloed capabilities to a landscape of connected platforms and services. The initiative was announced by Minister Robert 29 November 2019 and led by the Digital Transformation Agency. The focus of the initiative is on developing architecture frameworks, tools, and capabilities through a series of cross-agency pilots that maximise platforms and services re-use, design integration, and assurance.
One of the core outcomes will be a higher level of reuse across the commonwealth, delivering benefits such as speed to operations and consistency in user experience. An example of one such pilot is the Permissions Capability, being led by the Department of Home Affairs with the support of the DTA.
- Demonstrated experience working as a Business or Enterprise Architect in a cross agency/ecosystem context.
- Ability to develop government capabilities as business, operating, or service models.
- A demonstrated ability to translate architecture concepts into a multilayered architecture or design/modelling repository
- A demonstrated ability to innovate through undertaking research and analysis to inform the direction of a government ecosystem architecture.
- A high level understanding of technical, service, or data architectures and there application to cross agency interactions and value generation.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating workshops, undertaking executive level presentations, and liaising with stakeholders.
- Previous government experience would be highly desirable.
- Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate