Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$150 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department is seeking an experienced Cloud Engineer to work as part of a project team for the delivery of the Data Management and Analytics Platform project. The successful candidate will work closely with various stakeholders, business subject matter experts, technical architects, data engineers and developers as part of the project, to deliver the agreed project outcomes. The project will comprise of implementing an enhanced data management and analytics platform to facilitate data warehousing capabilities, reporting, data analysis, storing transactional data and archiving of required data.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of cloud based technologies and architectures
- Demonstrated experience provisioning Azure based data infrastructure such as Azure SQL Databases, Azure Data Lakes and Azure Data Factory.
- Experience with building cloud based solutions using DevOps based methods such as developing Infrastructure-as-Code pipelines required to deploy a Data Platform.
- Demonstrated experience migrating on-premises data into cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrated track record of technical leadership across project and operational tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in developing and maintaining relevant documentation such as detailed designs, technical configuration documents and build guides
- Proven ability to engage and work with a diverse range of stakeholders including working collaboratively as part of an agile, multidisciplinary team
- Experience in a Federal government department and understanding of policies, frameworks and security controls.
Must have current baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate