Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$150 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Department is seeking an experienced Cloud Engineer to work as part of a project team for the delivery of the Data Management and Analytics Platform project. The successful candidate will work closely with various stakeholders, business subject matter experts, technical architects, data engineers and developers as part of the project, to deliver the agreed project outcomes. The project will comprise of implementing an enhanced data management and analytics platform to facilitate data warehousing capabilities, reporting, data analysis, storing transactional data and archiving of required data.
The cloud engineer will:
- Work with the departments DevOps team to develop Infrastructure-as-Code pipelines required to deploy the Data Platform
- Assist the Data Engineers with the development of data pipelines.
- Develop and automate a cloud-based data management and analytics platform.
- Have a solid understanding of Cyber Security requirements
- Work with project team to provision Azure based data infrastructure including Azure SQL Databases, Azure Data Lakes, Azure Data Factory and other essential components which will constitute the data platform.
- Work with project team, cloud capability program and other stakeholders to enable the migration of on-premises data assets into Azure.
- Work with the project team and the cloud capability program to set up appropriate monitoring mechanisms
- Work with the project team and cloud capability team to advise on essential platform capabilities required to support the data platform
- Work with the project team and cloud team to design and develop appropriate security architecture for the data platform.
- Design and architect appropriate back-up and disaster-recovery mechanisms to support the data platform
- Work with Cloud Capability Program and other departmental projects to identify and implement the optimal cloud-based solutions for the project
- Plan, design and develop cloud-based solutions to support the delivery of project outcomes.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with departmental technical and security guidelines.
- Deploy and service cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Lead and develop best practices with the larger cloud engineering team
- Develop and maintain relevant project and design documentation such as detailed designs, technical configuration documents and build guides
- Be able to apply judgement and critical thinking skills to problem solve
- Have demonstrated government sector experience, including working in small multi-disciplinary agile teams
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of cloud based technologies and architectures
- Demonstrated experience provisioning Azure based data infrastructure such as Azure SQL Databases, Azure Data Lakes and Azure Data Factory.
- Experience with building cloud based solutions using DevOps based methods such as developing Infrastructure-as-Code pipelines required to deploy a Data Platform.
- Demonstrated experience migrating on-premises data into cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrated track record of technical leadership across project and operational tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in developing and maintaining relevant documentation such as detailed designs, technical configuration documents and build guides
- Proven ability to engage and work with a diverse range of stakeholders including working collaboratively as part of an agile, multidisciplinary team
- Experience in a Federal government department and understanding of policies, frameworks and security controls.
Must have current baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate