Jobs/Cloud Solution Architect
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$135 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will lead and drive the design and solution architecture for systems within the Department. They will have the IT skills and relevant work experience, in conjunction with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement. Ability to work as part of an agile team and communicate with a range of internal and external stakeholders is also a requirement.
The Cloud Solution Architect will be required:
• Develop high level solution architectures for one or more cloud based systems;
• Develop detailed application architecture guidance for the team developers;
• Provide impact analysis of user/stakeholder requirements;
• Ensure that the system solution maintains adherence to whole-of-government standards;
• Provide technical guidance and input into the design and build of the system;
• Liaise with a cross-functional team including business owner, scrum master, business analysts, developers, architects & testers to produce a solution in accordance with stakeholder requirements and project objectives;
• Liaise with other delivery teams (particularly solution architects within those teams) to ensure: o technical integrity and consistency o solutions are compatible with and, where applicable, can be integrated with other solutions within the business.gov.au suite, considering all channels (eg. social media, contact centre).
• Liaise with the department’s Service Experience team to ensure architectural decisions incorporate user experience considerations
• Liaise with ICT Engagement and Enterprise Architecture to ensure alignment to target architectures and technology.
• Provide expertise and assistance in platform automation – testing, continuous integration and deployment
• Promote key enterprise architecture principles as applicable to web platforms – re-use before buy/build, configure over customise, open data/access over siloed functionality
• Promote and provide assistance to ensure solutions align with the DTA’s Digital Service Standard
• Be strategic, a leader and influencer.
1. Demonstrated experience and understanding of cloud based technologies and architectures
2. Demonstrated track record of technical leadership across project and operational tasks
3. Minimum 3 years’ experience designing and documenting architectures for large, complex enterprise systems
4. Demonstrated experience in application architecture and integration architecture
1. Experience in working effectively with a highly skilled technical team in an agile environment
2. Ability to communicate effectively and liaise with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders
Must Have current baseline clearance
2 x 12 months
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate