Jobs/Communications and Engagement Officer
Agency / Department
Digital Transformation Agency
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The DTA is seeking a communications and engagement officer to support a range of stakeholder engagement activities for the DTA’s Digital and Strategic Sourcing branches.
The successful candidate will be a strong written and visual communicator capable of translating complex concepts into simple language and using modern content design techniques to communicate through a range of mediums. You will support the delivery of a unified communications strategy by proactively working with a variety of teams across the DTA to identify and address their engagement needs. You will also support the delivery of DTA events and other engagement activities.
The Communications and Engagement Officer will:
- Assist DTA teams to develop internal- and external-facing content such as news articles, blog posts, factsheets, infographics and web content, in keeping with the DTA’s style requirements.
- Manage the delivery of internal and external communication such as newsletters and website updates.
- Assist in developing and delivering engagement activities and events.
This role has a strong focus on clearly communicating and maintaining positive relationships with relevant stakeholders as the DTA continues to deliver resources and offerings to uplift sourcing capability and make it easier for government to buy digital goods and services.
While the DTA has a strong culture of developing its staff’s knowledge and skill over time, this role may be responsible for urgent content design requests at any stage. As such, candidates should have strong enough content and graphic design skills to meet these requests upon commencement of the role.
- Strong content and graphic design skills and demonstrated understanding of modern communication trends and techniques.
- Proven ability to identify user needs and demonstrate how content and engagement decisions support these needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience translating complicated and technical information into formats that are easy to understand.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and productively engage with a broad variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary environment, be flexible and participate in all levels of project delivery.
- Knowledge of the Digital Design Standard, the Service Design and Delivery Process and the Content Guide
- Understanding of information architecture
- Event management experience
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
1 x 6 month extension
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate