Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The successful candidates will work with a small team of specialist editors and content designers undertaking final quality assurance of the Style Manual rules and guidance. They will help to review and iterate each page to ensure it meets best practice standards for readability, is consistent in content patterns and tone of voice, and meets user needs identified in research.
We’re looking for experienced content designer(s) who are passionate about clear content and can work at pace in an Agile environment.
- Extensive experience as a content designer, with knowledge of content design principles and the ability to create content that is accessible, inclusive and readable across different channels and devices
- Experience in collaborating with senior stakeholders, other content practitioners and in multidisciplinary teams to build relationships, solve problems and improve the user experience
- A user-centred focus with the ability to advocate for users within the team and with subject matter experts, analyse user research and make recommendations for creating and iterating content
- The ability to deliver content in Agile, including a flexible approach and the willingness to take risks and iterate in response to early feedback
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Knowledge of the methodology used by the DTA.
- Familiarity with the content community within DTA and the APS.
- Knowledge of the sixth edition of the Style manual for authors, editors and printers, and/or familiarity with the requirements of a comprehensive and contemporary style manual.
- Experience in editing.
- Experience in Drupal/GovCMS and Google Analytics.
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate