Content Designer x 2
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Australian Capital Territory,New South Wales
Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$80 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
Who we are:
In late 2020, as part of Busting Congestion for Agricultural Exporters the Trade Reform and Digital Trade Initiatives divisions were established to develop and deliver the vision and strategy for agricultural exports, and to coordinate the range of the export business and digital reform programs that are currently underway. At the heart of this reform package is the modernisation of export systems by building Digital Services to Take Farmers to Markets.
The Department is building significant digital capability within the Congestion Busting Program. They seek a Content Designer to be responsible for creating, updating and reviewing content specific to the end to end user journey across the various stages of development for the program. Focusing on simplifying content for the user audience to engage and makes sense from in the context of interactions between exporters and their markets.
• Work with other disciplines in the assigned multi-disciplinary team to create content that is easy for users to understand, at the time that they need it.
• Devise appropriate content format for a given need (eg. a content page, tool or calculator) based on research and prototypes.
• Look across all channels – the website, the transaction, advertising or print – to ensure content is consistent, concise and necessary.
• Collaborate closely with the user researcher, service designer, developer and others to embed content into the right point in the user journey. Skills & Experience
• Extensive experience as a content designer on large-scale digital transformation programs
• Strong track record working in an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment
• Demonstrable capability in writing clear and easy to read content
• The ability to break down complex subject areas and simplify them
• Evidence based background in prototyping. testing and iterating content
• Strong track record in collaborating with developers, designers, user researchers and policy staff – Public Sector experience highly regarded
• Clear understanding of the role of content in and around a digital service and the key accessibility considerations for content
• Experience working with the Digital Service Standard
• Strong team player and outcome focussed
• Relevant tertiary qualifications
1. • Extensive experience as a content designer on large-scale digital transformation programs
2. • Strong track record working in an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment
3. • Demonstrable capability in writing clear and easy to read content
4. • Clear understanding of the role of content in and around a digital service and the key accessibility considerations for content
Ability to Obtain baseline clearance
Potential for 2 x 12 month extensions