Content / Interaction Designer
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$80 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department of Industry, Science, Energy, and Resources is seeking to fill an Content / Interaction Design role to support ongoing major projects across the Corporate and Digital Division. The role will be responsible for driving a human-centric approach to service delivery, with a focus on understanding customer, business, and technology needs and balancing these to deliver effective digital services. T
his is an opportunity to play an integral part in the transformation of government services and deliver fast, simple and user-centric services. The successful candidates will contribute and support multiple departmental digital initiatives, and service improvements for public-facing and internal services, as part of agile multi-disciplinary teams, in the Corporate and Digital Division.
We are seeking an experienced Content / Interaction Designer with a dual skillset, working across both disciplines to deliver intuitive, user experiences and interactive content. The role will require the designer to work as part of multi-disciplinary teams to advise, plan, conduct, and lead user research activities, as well as co-design the interface, task flows, and overall user experience of content based services. The role will be responsible for ensuring all content meets user needs, and the layout, structure, and flow of information is clear, accessible, and inclusive for all users, so as to deliver on program objectives.
- Demonstrated experience planning and undertaking user research and usability testing activities, and then effectively communicating insights through visual artefacts and story-telling
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with subject matter experts to review and write content in plain language, and ensure structure of content reflects how users read online and on different devices.
- Experience designing user interfaces with responsive design methods using consistent design patterns, and which meet web standards, including accessibility (WCAG 2.0).
- Demonstrated experience designing information architecture, and developing wireframes, user pathways, and prototypes to test and validate services against user needs and business objectives.
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary ICT delivery team.
- Tertiary Qualifications in a design related discipline (User Research, Design, Psychology, Anthropology, etc.), or substantial experience in running research and design activities.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience working in accordance with the Digital Service Standard, and agile frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban.
Must have current baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options