Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$75 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Web Services team in the Communication Branch of the Department of Education, Skills and Employment needs a skilled content manager to help drive quality content creation in the department.
Applicants should be very experienced developing and working on content strategies for websites, understand how to use SEO and analytics to improve the effectiveness of content and be an expert at sharing their experience with others.
The applicant will:
- Generate training and reference materials for all staff that need to write content for the department’s websites (with a focus on dese.gov.au)
- Provide support and guidance to the department to improve readability and accessibility scores for content on our websites
- Reduce the amount of re-work required for publishing requests by contributing to the creation and distribution of better education and support materials to web content owners
- Provide editorial assistance to help improve content supplied to the web team for publication on our websites using evidence from analytics, website feedback and user interviews
- Assist with and help to improve the content review and quality assurance process for all departmental websites • Iterate on the dese.gov.au content model to improve it and make it clearer
- Experience developing and implementing content strategies for websites
- Strong writing skills both for the web and to generate reference materials for other staff
- Awareness of Australian Government standards such as the Digital Service Standard, accessibility standards, and the Australian Government Style Manua
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google data studio, Search Engine Optimisation and similar analytics and quality assessment tools and techniques.
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Contract extensions may be considered
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate