Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Thursday, October 7, 2021
Australian Capital Territory,South Australia,Victoria,Offsite
Agency / Department
Department of Defence
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Learning Delivery and Evaluation (LD&E) Directorate within the Defence Learning Branch (DLB) is seeking an experienced Data Analyst to join the team for a one month period to improve data efficiency and automation. The request seeks to engage experienced sellers who have capability to: a.Design and implement a Directorate-wide monthly data reporting dashboard with data sourced from DLB’s learning courses/programs b.Improved efficiencies in regard to data quality, processes and management c.Organise and lead a data familiarisation session with DLB executives and APS6’s across the Branch by sharing key data principles/skills with the intention of familiarising personnel in basic analytic skills. It is expected that the Data Analyst will achieve the following outcomes: a.Analysis of LD&E’s data needs to determine opportunities for process improvement; including the addition of new processes and ceasing of current processes. b.Undertake quality assurance to check the veracity/integrity of current data sources c.Review data management process to ensure the process is documented and adheres to Defence policy and guidelines d.Build and implement a monthly reporting capability dashboard for LD&E e.Research and investigate the viability of an automated booking form to manage communication and reporting functions for our Learning Centre. A final report to be produced outlining recommendations for an ideal automated booking form.
1. A qualified practitioner with higher degree qualifications or relevant industry experience of more than 8 years.
2. Proven experience in a data analyst role, showcasing their ability to use data to inform process improvement and use data to build capability dashboards.
3. Demonstrates excellent presentation skills and both written and verbal communication.
4. Ability to undertake activities and deliver within timeframes.
5. Comfortable in a dynamic environment and managing uncertainty.
6. Demonstrates excellent facilitation and stakeholder management skills, including strong influencing and negotiation skills.
Not Applicable for this opportunity
Must Have current baseline clearance