Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The successful candidate will undertake analysis of numeric and text data and projects to support decisions, policy and the delivery of the BGA Website and Contact Centre, including (but not limited to):
- data science, statistical and machine learning projects, using R, Python, SQL and Power BI or other similar tools
- developing well written and easy to understand presentations and reports
- documenting findings, methodologies and data requirements in simple language
- taking initiative and contributing ideas for analyses, projects
- maintaining productive relationships with stakeholders and within the team
- qualitative and statistical research
- ad hoc analyses in Microsoft Excel
- being able to provide quality work within tight timeframes
- contributing to project planning activities
- Candidates should have a bachelor degree or higher in statistics or with a statistics-related components (economics, psychology, engineering etc.). A credit average or higher is highly desirable.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in data analytics and communicating findings to a diverse audience.
- The successful candidate will have sound written and verbal communication skills.
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate being able to maintain productive relationships.
- Experience in a call centre, social media and/or website analytics will be highly regarded.
- Experience in Python, R, Jupyter Notebooks, SQL is very highly regarded. An ability to quickly learn techniques and technologies is also very highly regarded.
- The Analytics and Reporting Team welcomes applications from people with diverse backgrounds.
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate