Jobs/Data Analyst: Power BI Expert
Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The department is seeking 1-2 experienced Data Analysts to deliver a range of reporting products under the department’s diverse portfolio responsibilities.
The Data Analyst will:
- Have proven experience using Power BI to an advanced level—including ability to build and refine models, develop DAX measures and build reports
- Assist others in integrating PowerBI reports and dashboards into other Microsoft 365 and Azure-based services.
- Be proficient with using Excel to store and analyse data, including formulas and data manipulation
- Be able to analyse and review datasets
- Develop and contribute to ongoing reporting requirements
- Oversee and validate data and reports for consistency
- Be able to apply judgement and critical thinking skills to problem solve
- Have demonstrated government sector experience, including working in small teams.
Previous proven experience with Power BI is essential.
Relevant qualifications and demonstrated experience in statistics, data analysis, or related fields would be highly regarded, including the ability to communicate statistical concepts to generalist audiences.
- Proven experience and advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI tools, including Query Editor functions.
- Demonstrated experience building models using DAX and SQL Server databases.
- Experience and good working knowledge in the research and analysis of datasets.
- Experience using and working with Microsoft Excel to analyse data and collate findings.
- Proven ability to engage and work with a diverse range of stakeholders including working collaboratively as part of an agile, multidisciplinary team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Azure tools.
- Experience with statistical analysis and statistical concepts.
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Two periods of 12 months each
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate