Data Analyst / Statistician
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Saturday, January 9, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Digital Transformation Agency
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$140 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The DTA is undertaking a Whole-of-Government Digital Review and requires the services of a highly experienced data analyst/statistician to undertake a range of complex analytical tasks and to assist in the development and management of data collections and surveys.
- Highly developed statistical analysis and data reporting skills to support the development of sophisticated statistical products and indepth analyses of diverse datasets.
- Proven expertise in the management of major statistical collections and surveys – in the public and/or private sectors – and comprehensive knowledge of statistical collection methodologies, editing/validation techniques and reporting styles to suit different audiences. (At least 5 years experience as a statistician/data analyst.)
- Support collection activities with specialist advice on the design and implementation of collection instruments, methods, tools and management in a distributed stakeholder environment
- Development of high-quality reporting products in PowerBI.
- Tertiary qualifications in statistics, mathematics, economics or applied data analysis
- Understanding of the Federal Government’s digital and ICT policies and guidelines. Highly developed strategic thinking.
- Communication: Ability to express thoughts clearly and succinctly, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and with those outside the organisation. Ability to make statistical insights accessible and understandable to a wide audience – clear and unambiguous presentations.
- Creativity, Clear Thinking, intuitive and Logical Problem-solving: structured and methodical approach to the identification of patterns and connections between issues/situations that are not obviously related in order to understand complex situations and solve problems. Display sound, logical and structured thinking. Willingness and ability to adopt innovative solutions to challenging tasks.
Ability to obtain a baseline clearance
1 x 6 month extension option