Jobs/Data Engineer x 2
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
This role will work within multi-discipline delivery teams, following Agile methodology to develop IT systems. Working closely with solution architects and other technical specialists the role will support design, development and deployment activities.
Under the direction of the Delivery Manager, Solution Architects and Technical Lead, this role will:
• Collaborate with team members to understand IP Australia’s data storage needs in both on-premises and AWS cloud.
• Design and engineer to desired business needs
• Apply engineering techniques including Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) to implement database specifications.
• Conduct preliminary data validation for ingestion and/or delivered databases.
• Troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
• Provide continuous delivery and continuous integration (CI/CD) support.
• Instill a culture of learning, collaboration, and continuous improvement in a team environment,
• Work with the delivery manager and team to support an agile delivery model, and
• Undertake additional duties as required. Applicants must be highly motivated with a strong work ethic and able to work effectively in a multi-discipline team. They must have experience in supporting and contributing to a highly collaborative culture where team members work closely to deliver quality outcomes. Applicants are also expected to be proactive and motivated to build their site knowledge of the complex business and technical areas at IP Australia that are relevant to their role
1. Proven work experience as a Data Engineer
2. Extensive knowledge of data scripting languages such as SQL, Shell and Python, and data integration platforms such as Informatica PowerCenter or Informatica Intelligent Cloud Service (IICS) Data Integration.
3. Demonstrated experience delivering solutions in an Agile environment
1. Demonstrated experience working with data storage technologies such as NoSQL Elasticsearch and RDBMS PostgreSQL and Oracle .
2. Demonstrated experience in the following: AWS cloud CI/CD automation
IP Australia ENTRY ONLY must be obtained prior to the start date. No Permanent resident (PR’s) can apply for the role, each candidate must be Australia Citizens
2 x 12 months
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate