Data Engineers x3
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Saturday, January 9, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$115 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
Geoscience Australia is looking to fill a role for a Data Engineer to work on developing and applying scalable data science workflows for Digital Earth Australia.
- Experience with Linux system administration and relevant scripting languages.
- Experience with Python and/or similar programming languages.
- Experience in delivering and maintaining operational software Experience with source control management and related processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Working knowledge of AWS and infrastructure as code Experience with geospatial information systems and OGC web services
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems
- Experience working with Postgresql and PostGIS
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Flask Python framework or equivalent
- Experience using distributed computing tools like Dask
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
2 x 12 month extension options