Jobs/Data Governance Specialist
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$150 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (the department) has embarked on its transition to a data driven organisation through a mature, centralised approach to data governance and management.
Our role is to manage the ongoing delivery of this program, strengthening the department’s data capability including data analytics, stable data governance and management, contemporary data infrastructure, data literate employees and strong engagement with the Australian Government Data Policy environment.
We require the services of an experienced Data Governance Specialist to support the department’s data governance and management program.
- Contributions to Data Governance efforts in an organisation, including a demonstrated understanding of data quality, privacy and confidentiality issues.
- Working knowledge of the DAMA International Data Management Body of Knowledge (or equivalent data management framework).
- Well-developed communication skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with a range of technical and business stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Experience working in a complex organisation within or reporting to an Enterprise data governance function or Chief Data Office.
- Experience managing teams to achieve outcomes.
- Experience with, or working knowledge of, Microsoft Power BI tools.
- Experience with statistical analysis and statistical concepts.
Must have current baseline clearance
Two extensions of 1 month each.
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate