Data Manager/GIS Specialist
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Saturday, December 5, 2020
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$125 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The State of the Environment (SoE) Taskforce is seeking a Data and Geospatial Manager to help facilitate the data coordination, curation, development of best practice data management processes; and geospatial and mapping services for the SoE Report 2021. The successful candidate will also be expected to work with a ARDC Project working on SoE-ready data with the following NCRIS facilities – ALA, TERN and IMOS, identify and acquire datasets as stipulated by the SoE Report 2021 authors, and to facilitate the storage of those datasets into data.gov.au and other government data facilities.
Experience and Skills The SoE Data Manager and Geospatial will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in environmental data reporting and management, including information record management Experience in geospatial data management and configuration
- Presentation of environmental information within a policy environment using ESRI GIS software (ArcGIS suite, ArcReader, WebGIS, Python scripting)
- Experience working for the Commonwealth and/or state and territory governments
- Be self-motivated, possess attention to detail, driven and takes ownership of assigned activities
- Ability to break complex activities into achievable tasks
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and deliver on outcomes Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technical competence. Please outline your technical competencies in data management and your GIS capabilities particularly within government. Environmental data management in particular is desirable.
- Skills and experience. Please outline other skills and experience you have that will help you to deliver the services.
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
2 options of 6 months each. Options to extend will be at the sole discretion of the Department.