Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$90 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
As part of ongoing work to enhance in-house analytical capabilities, the Department is in the process of building electricity and gas market modelling capability using the PLEXOS software. The Energy Economics team undertaking this modelling work is seeking a contractor to assist in this process.
We are after someone with a background in data science or analysis, including experience with data manipulation, analytics, and forecasting, and communication of technical results. Coding experience in programs such as R or Python is also required. Knowledge of the structure and operation of the national electricity market, or Australian energy sector more broadly, is also desirable. As is any experience in energy market modelling.
Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field such as mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, engineering or a similar field are a prerequisite.
- Data science expertise - demonstrated experience with big data manipulation, analytics and forecasting via specialised programs such as R or Python.
- An inquisitive and analytical mind – strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong team work skills – ability to foster positive relationships and work collaboratively in your team, across the Department and externally.
- Strong project management and organisation skills – ability to deliver on projects within timeframes.
- High level written and oral communication skills – ability to synthesise technical concepts into plain English
- Knowledge of the Australian energy sector or electricity systems more specifically.
- Experience undertaking optimisation or electricity market modelling.
- Experience using PLEXOS software.
Must have current baseline clearance