Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$80 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The department requires a Data Scientist who will apply expertise to develop and deliver processes and models to support intelligence or other departmental business activities and research that impact on strategic or operational outcomes
The Data Scientist will provide services under high level direction including:
- apply expertise to undertake research and analysis, utilising techniques such as statistical analysis, text mining processes or machine learning to discover patterns and trends in data.
- implement analytical solution using high quality SQL and Python scripts
- collaborate with analytical and operational teams across the department to ensure the effective and reliable deployment of analytical solutions within departmental architecture.
- other related activities to support the successful delivery of predictive and prescriptive analytical projects as required.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering to business both advanced predictive and prescriptive analytical products. This includes design, develop, implement, deploy, test and evaluate data analytical processes, models and products. This includes deployment to a production environment.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively to develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships to achieve business outcomes; support decision making and influence others in the pursuit of project/business objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in providing accurate, timely and appropriate advice and updates to clients and stakeholders. This includes presenting sophisticated analytical products to non-technical audience and senior executive.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Experience conducting machine learning work in a cloud environment
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate