Jobs/Data Services Developer
Agency / Department
National Disability Insurance Agency
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$135 per hour***
New South Wales
The National Disability Insurance Agency is seeking an experienced Data Services Developer to assist with a body of work being undertaken by the agency.
The BI Developer will plan, write, test and deploy code that links various sources of data together:
- Provide technical leadership to the project delivery team through design reviews, advising on implementation best practices, defining and refining release process and technical workshops.
- Review and refine the data delivery framework in order to enhance integration of new sources, performance of existing data delivery and rapid development of new subject areas.
- Set peer review and data modelling, development and release standards.
- Provide knowledge transfer sessions on best practices on development, data modelling, release process etc.
- Own the technical implementation of new data from analysis to delivery (designing and delivering data dictionary, defining the release steps, defining best practices of data modelling and review steps).
- Facilitate continuous improvement measures in delivery principles, coding standards, documentation and provide training sessions to team.
- Prioritise work items and add them to a work queue.
- Understand, analyse and size user requirements;
- Development and maintenance of SQL analytical and ETL code;
- Optimisation and tuning of SQL code to ensure optimal performance;
- SQL / Teradata – Demonstrated competency in developing, auditing and reviewing code
- SAS (Base, EG) or SQL (essential) or Python, R or Java (preferred)
- Programming – High level of competency in Programming, including knowledge of supplementary programming languages such as Python
- Supervision/coaching experience.
- Tertiary qualifications in mathematics, statistical, computer sciences discipline or more than three years relevant work experience.
Must be able to clear NDIA PEP clearances
The NDIA may chose to extended the contract
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate