Jobs/Data Tools Support Officer
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$80 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The primary role of the position is to provide support for SAS and AIHW’s in-house validation tool to AIHW staff. This will involve a range of activities, including resolving ad hoc issues, providing one-on-one support and training, and developing user guides and training material. The position is will also be responsible for contributing to the review of the AIHW’s analytical toolkit, including the use of R and Python. The successful candidate will be provided with support and training in SAS software, as required. The candidate will work as part of a small team within SCU that is responsible for delivering a range of SAS support and data loading functions.
Under general direction, provide ongoing support to AIHW staff in relation to SAS by;
- Resolving ad hoc SAS user support requests
- Providing one-on-one SAS support and training
- Developing guides, support materials and maintaining relevant Intranet/SharePoint pages
- Establishing and maintaining an AIHW SAS community
- Providing group training if requested by areas
- Directly participating in AIHW projects as a SAS developer
- Support staff using the AIHW’s in-house Validation tool
- Assist will basic data loading tasks • Providing support with other software such as R and Python as required
- Technical expertise and experience in SAS or the technical aptitude to develop skills in SAS on the job. Skills in other data tools, such as Python or R will be considered valuable.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed ability to develop productive relationships
- Well-developed organisational skills, including the ability to determine priorities, develop local strategies, procedures and work practices.
- Demonstrates personal drive and integrity.
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate