Data Warehouse Modeller & Developer
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$115 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department requires skilled contractors with data warehouse modeller and developer skills to work in a high performing data warehousing team delivering analytics and workload measurement.
- Skills and proven experience in solving complex SQL problems is paramount. Role requires a code-first approach with proven ability to have an SQL-first, ELT, method to resolve complex business problems. Experience in commercial tools not a high priority as this role will not use tools including ErWIN, SSIS, DataStage etc.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver combined business analyst, data modeller and ETL developer services. This role will propose, negotiate, and create all the data transformation logic for business. The role will not separate between data modelling and ELT development.
- Ability to work independently in a rigorous, yet extremely rapid, environment. Ability to deliver incremental production changes on a weekly to fortnightly basis. Ability to adapt quickly with flexibility to changing demand and priorities.
- SQL Server query tuning, including the ability to diagnose problems using the query planner
- SQL Server Analysis Services: Tabular modelling, DAX
- Advance computer science/software programming skills
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Option to extend for 2 periods of up to 12 months