Database and Cloud services Administrator
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Thursday, January 13, 2022
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The department is seeking an experienced Database and Cloud service Administrator to join our talented team working on Business Intelligence projects. The primary work related to this role will be administration of our Data Warehouses as well as cloud-based services.
You will be required to:
•Conduct database administration tasks on existing and emerging transactional and business intelligence data assets.
•Conduct Cloud-service administration for services such as Power BI, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Catalog
•Develop, maintain and mature release management, system monitoring, and health checks.
•Develop, maintain, and review database-related infrastructure, processes, procedures, and documentation.
•Work as a part of an application delivery team on project-based objectives to drive delivery of outcomes; and
•Work under limited direction and be accountable for undertaking planning, analysis, design, development, and delivery activities within tight timeframes.
1. SQL database administration, ETL, and coding language experience:
•Minimum 5 years’ of hands-on DBA experience using SQL including database design, development, delivery, validation, and ongoing maintenance.
•In-depth experience with Business Intelligence databases (data warehouses, data marts) including ETL processes.
2. •Demonstrated experience using tools such as SQL Server Integration Services and/or Azure Data Factory. •Coding experience in programming scripting languages such as SQL, Python, R, C Sharp/C++, Powershell.
3. Business Intelligence support experience: •Minimum 5 years’ experience in supporting SQL Server Reporting Services and/or supporting Cloud-based applications such as Power BI, Azure Data Catalog, Azure Databricks.
4. Release and Change management experience: •Minimum 5 years’ experience working with and improving upon change and release management processes and workflows. •Documented experience with responses to audit requests.
5. Well-developed team collaboration and communication skills: •Demonstrated ability to work under limited direction and accountable for completion of work. •Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively within an Agile multi-disciplinary team environment including liaising and negotiating with diverse stakeholders.
6. •Demonstrated ability to adapt and work in a constantly changing environment. •Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
1. Experience with Agile frameworks, DevOps and/or DataOps.
2. Experience with the deployment and maintenance of machine learning models.
Must Have current baseline clearance
one option of twelve months: 1/7/2023 - 30/6/2024 subject to funds and availability.