Jobs/Data/System Analyst Modellers
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The department is seeking experienced system/data analyst modellers to meet emerging needs of the department and business areas, through the development and maintenance of an innovative, robust and sustainable data analytics and integration capability.
As a system/data analyst modeller, you will be required to:
- Conduct data modelling on existing and emerging transactional and business intelligence data assets to inform data architecture;
- Assist in documenting research, data findings and approach activities as part of a wider team;
- Analyse and model the vast amounts of data that enter or exit business intelligence systems;
- Work as a part of an application delivery team, alongside business analysts, developers and testers to deliver on project-based objectives to drive delivery of outcomes; and
- Work under limited direction and be accountable for undertaking planning, analysis, design, development, and delivery activities within tight timeframes.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Data/System Analyst Modeller with:
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems, data analytics, and data modelling techniques
- Demonstrated ability to understand translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions
- Demonstrated ability to validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in
- Designing data for web services
- Maintaining conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata; and
- Analysing data-related system integration challenges and subsequent proposal of appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrated experience using SQL coding language to analyse vast amounts of data that enter/exit business intelligence systems or other source data using tools such as SQL Server Management Studio.
- Demonstrated experience modelling data using one or more of the following modelling techniques:
- Entity relationship diagram (ERD)
- Ensemble modelling (e.g. DataVault); and/or
- Star Schema (e.g. Kimball).
- Well-developed team collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under limited direction with competing priorities and be accountable for completion of work; and
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and work in a constantly changing environment.
- Please indicate which locations you wish to be consider for
- Canberra Only,
- North Ryde Only
- Both locations
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively within an Agile multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated data engineer experience, including
- in developing, configuring, validating, and managing Microsoft cloud platforms, Data Factory, SQL Server, Databricks; and
- in DevOps and/or DataOps.
Must have current baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate