Jobs/Design Team Leads
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
Do you want to be part of a team that delivers world class government digital services and experiences?
Well, we're looking for an experienced Design Team Lead to help us do just that.
- Demonstrated expertise in different design disciplines such as (but not limited to) discovery research and interaction design.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of usability, accessibility, content and overall user experience modern best practices
- Demonstrated experience in translating high-level, business visions into clear, measurable goals, design concepts and principles, user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes of innovative and highly usable digital experiences. Proven track record in delivering transformational digital products and services using agile methodology, processes and practices.
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-disciplinary team, building rapport with other practitioners (e.g. business analysts, researchers, UI designers, developers, etc.).
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence a wide range of audiences by clearly articulating your vision, design concepts and recommendations through a thoughtful rationale in the context of the business problems to be solved and desired behavioral outcomes.
- Please indicate which locations you wish to be consider for
- Canberra Only,
- North Ryde Only
- Both locations
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams and/or large scale projects
- Experience supporting, actively contributing to, or leading user research activities, including strong empathy and analytical skills.
- Experience supporting, actively contributing to, or leading information architecture activities, including reviewing analytics data, designing and testing IAs with Treejack or similar.
- Experience supporting, actively contributing to, or leading service design activities, including mapping services, designing service blueprints and improving business processes
- Experience working in an Agile delivery process (Scrum or similar)
- Experience working in complex or large-scale digital transformation programs in Government
- Experience designing, testing, maintaining and communicating comprehensive Design Systems and style guides
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate