Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Friday, July 16, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Biosecurity Operations Division of the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment requires a Developer to work with Business Analyst, Project Manager and operational subject matter experts in the conveyances pathway to design and develop applications. This body of work will include identification of medium to long term systematic solutions. The work also includes close consultation with architects and security advisors. The body of work will provide the following deliverables: a) Design specification b) ICT build and unit test plan c) Input into System Risk Management Plan d) Data integration and technical alignment with internal systems e) System integration with existing department systems and external systems
1. Experience with Java Enterprise Edition with an in depth understanding of:
B. EJB3 and JPA
C. Web Services (REST and SOAP)
D. Oracle Application Developer Framework
E. Oracle BPM
2. Experience in delivering such projects in a Federal Government environment with proven ability in current best practice techniques such as continuous integration and testing, and agile development.
3. Experience with developing and mentoring a development team.
4. At least five years’ experience with database design and development, including experience with Oracle.
5. Strong communication skills and proven ability to work independently within a small team.
6. Proven ability to produce software documentation in a clear and concise manner.
7. Experience with developing/maintain MARS applications within Dept of Agriculture.
Must Have current baseline clearance
3 x 12 months