Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Geoscience Australia is seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to assist with a body of work being undertaken by the agency.
- Implement, maintain and improve automated testing and deployment pipelines on AWS for various platforms. This includes CD pipelines for applications enabling users to geospatially search, query and download data from HPC, and applications monitoring and reporting on the performance of services offered through the National Earth and Marine Observations branch.
- Implement Extract Transform and Load (ETL) data workflows across multiple applications and environments Contribute and drive a strong DevOps culture with a focus on collaboration
- Support, monitor and continually develop and improve tools, software and services that comprise NEMO’s operational environments to simplify and enhance data management, provision of data services, and operations within AWS;
- Develop and/or provide input to information support materials such as ‘how to guides’. Help facilitate the continuation and expansion of operations and services; and continuously improve and optimise policies, processes and systems.
- Have a Tertiary qualification in information technology or equivalent industry experience An expert in continuous integration and deployment - using technologies such as kubernetes, docker, terraform and airflow Excellent at automation scripting using python Excellent at data transformations /extract transform and load (ETL)
- Demonstrated ability to work proficiently in a Linux-based environment and in a range of computing platforms including AWS
- Have the ability to work collaboratively and operate effectively in a small team environment that has significant and diverse demands on their time.
- Demonstrate understanding and experience in modern software development practices such as Dev-Ops and Agile.
- Strong understanding of software architecture patterns and team development tools and practices.
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Contract extensions will be considered
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate