DHA-PROC-56861 - Business Analyst
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, August 10, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Defence Housing Australia
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$115 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
Defence Housing Australia (DHA) is undertaking a significant Technology Refresh program with a focus on ensuring fit for purpose technology across all business areas.
This role reports to the Technology Business Partner Lead within Business Solutions and Technology (BS&T). BS&T are responsible for all software related business analysis, business solutions, in-house software development, telephony, IT Services and Infrastructure.
•supporting business design activities including workshop facilitation, stakeholder interviews and deliver engaging presentations
•analysing, interpreting and composing business rules and requirements into functional specifications, acceptance criteria and other technical documents including offering specialist advice in the context of the solution design and business process improvement
•conducting and assisting with definition, analysis and testing of business systems including the investigation and resolution of application system problems
•preparing, documenting and conducting quality reviews of workflows for new or enhanced systems
•providing a conduit between DHA’s business areas and the software development team whilst working in a multi-disciplinary team comprised of subject matter experts, developers, testers and project managers
1. Strong presentation, verbal communication, workshop facilitation and writing skills.
2. Demonstrated experienced in finance system implementation and/or financial process redesign and modelling experience.
3. Proven experience in business analysis, human centred design and the ability to apply critical thinking to deconstruct problems
4. A strong ability to apply structure business analysis deliverables, tools and techniques such as high level and detailed requirements, map business process, user stories, use cases, conceptualise information and construct visual models
5. Proven experience in requirement gathering and development of acceptance criteria and functional specifications with the ability to apply knowledge of business systems and translate business needs into technical requirements
6. Demonstrated experience in the continuous improvement of business processes and procedures
Not Applicable for this opportunity
Must Have current baseline clearance