Jobs/Director – ICT Operations
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
National Disability Insurance Agency
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$130 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
The NDIA ICT Operations Director role provides strategic, organisational and operational leadership within the OCIO Division directing, controlling and managing the production ICT environment for the NDIA. This role is crucial to cultivate predictable and reliable high quality ICT systems and applications that enable the NDIA business. It is important that the holder of this position drives a customer-centric service culture within the Agency and supports the engagement and maintenance of positive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
We are seeking a skilled ICT Operations leader to fill a key leadership position with the ICT Services Branch, as part of the Office of the CIO. In this role you will work closely with leaders across all ICT disciplines to support the development, transition and service acceptance of new products and services. Once in production, you will take ownership of the NDIA ICT systems and applications, ensuring they are maintained and supported to the highest standards, including oversight of the NDIA ICT Service Desk and Service Management Operations functions, including Major Incident Management. This position requires the candidate to create and maintain positive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Lead the Agency’s ICT Operations Directorate in the delivery and support of all ICT production services, in an integrated service environment.
• Provide strategic leadership to support a modern Service Desk, which accommodates an inclusive and accessible service model.
• Provide expert advice and domain knowledge in IT Service Management disciplines, including highly effective process management
• Provide oversight and leadership for Major Incident Management and escalated significant issue resolution.
• Influence Service Design & Transition, managing acceptance into service for new capabilities.
• Drive continual incremental service delivery improvements
• Communicate effectively in with key stakeholders, including senior executives and external parties, including being able to provide high quality reports, papers or presentations.
• Foster a positive culture within the Service Operations team aligned with Agency values.
1. Demonstrated minimum 8 years’ experience leading teams to deliver ICT services through ICT management frameworks such as ITIL.
2. Demonstrate a strong commitment to meeting agreed work targets and standards.
3. Demonstrate high quality leadership in ICT operational environments.
4. Have technical experience in environments running cloud and Software as a Service (SaaS) technologies such as Azure, AWS, Cloudflare, Intune, Office365, Atlassian, Salesforce, SAP.
5. Proven ability to define successful new product requirements and implementation strategies.
6. Experience working in Government or providing services to Government agency.
1. Tertiary qualifications in an ICT related discipline, or business management.
2. Certifications in ITIL, version 3 or later.
3. Certifications in Agile or Devops disciplines
4. Training in Kepner Tregoe methodologies.
Pre-engagement Checks will be undertaken by NDIA and commencement is subject to the Specified Personnel meeting the standard in relation to the Pre-Engagement Check requirements. The Contractor must comply with and ensure ongoing compliance with the Pre-Engagement Checks. NDIA welcome candidates that hold the right to work within Australia.
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate