Earth Observation Data Workflow Developer
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
This role is for an experienced software developer proficient in the use of the python language to contribute their expertise to the development and testing of an innovative Earth Observation data processing workflow. The workflow will be deployed on HPC to generate large quantities of Analysis Ready Data (ARD) products from satellite radar images collected over Australia by the Sentinel-1 satellite constellation.
- Demonstrated expertise in scientific software development, particularly in the Python language, including development, maintenance and documentation.
- Experience in automation of workflows and modern system development practices, including version control, continuous integration and testing for delivery of high quality products.
- Experience of leading or working effectively within a high-performing multi-disciplinary team.
- An ability to communicate effectively and constructively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in processing satellite Earth Observation data.
- Experience in harnessing High Performance Computing systems for Big Data processing.
Ability to obtain baseline clearance