End User Compute Engineer
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Wednesday, July 14, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
Brief Role Description:
The Attorney-General’s Department is seeking the services of a technically skilled Engineer to deliver various services and support in our desktop environment. We are seeking an Engineer with a proven experience in supporting and managing SOE/MOE, experience with application packaging and support, SCCM, Citrix, Group Policy, general desktop support and contributing to project work.
The End User Compute Engineer will be required to work collaboratively with all areas in the Information Division and clients in the Department. The role will provide technical functions and some onsite support possibly in offices located interstate. The successful applicant will need to work well in a geographically dispersed team environment as well as autonomously, apply initiative and possess strong client service skills and technical competency.
A basic understanding of ITIL and industry best practices in cyber safety is important as well as ICT technical skills.
Duties and responsibilities:
•Ensure that all requests (Service, Tasks and Incidents) are managed using the service management tool
•Actively drive incident and problem resolution and system restoration
•Planning, conducting and monitoring proactive maintenance activities required to ensure ongoing stable system operations and management of system availability,
•Conduct root cause analysis and problem rectification, including system changes required to prevent a recurrence of the incident
•Develop and enhance automated processes to release new solutions into the live environment in a timely, repeatable fashion
•Standard Operating Environment / Management Operating Environment (SOE/MOE)
•Knowledge of Microsoft operating system and domain administration (e.g. MCSE/MCITIP certified)
•Management and administration of MECM/SCCM for the delivery of SOE/MOE images, operating system, application patching and process automations (e.g. scripting – PowerShell)
•Application packaging and deployment with the endorsed by IT Security
•Administer and modification of Group Policy objects
•Management and coordination of SOE rollouts and upcoming desktop environment changes through an approve Change Management process
•Provide input to regular reports on system availability, useability, performance, Patch management, overall Endpoint Security vulnerabilities, root causes and other measurements
•Engaged as a technical resource for End User Computing Team on ID related projects
•Submission of Request for Change (RFC) for key changes in the desktop environments
•Management and administration of Citrix VDI/VDA
•Collaborating with IT Security for the SOE/MOE security hardening in line with PSPF, ISM, ACSC, CIS and DTA Protected pattern guidelines.
•Participate and Management of End User Computing device evaluations
•Demonstrate leadership in mentoring junior staff
•Demonstrate problem solving skills with the ability to analyse and resolve complex issues and enquiries from stakeholders and provide information and advice as a representative of the team.
•Experience in the creation and development of technical documentation, including System Designs, Knowledge base, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and other documentation relating to the governance of a system
•Well-developed communication skills, including proven liaison and negotiation skills to support relationships, develop linkages and leverage opportunities with internal and external stakeholders – in particular the IT Service Desk
•Take part in the On-Call Roster
•Liaise and consult with clients and other areas of the department on technical support issues, problem resolution and assistance escalated from Service Desk
•Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality work to tight timeframes.
1. Strong experience in the provision of end user compute support services with the ability to handle an interrupt driven environment meeting deadline whilst managing day to day requests.
2. Demonstrated experience in providing End User Compute (SOE/MOE) support and working within a technical support environment.
3. Experience and knowledge in a broad range of technical skills including; Microsoft Active Directory, Citrix Administration/Management, SCCM – O/S & Application packaging and patching, process automation (e.g. PowerShell scripting), Group policy management, familiarization of ISM, Essential 8 mitigations, AD Manager, RSA Management
4. A strong client service focus, delivery of quality customer service, communication and negotiation skills, both verbal and written.
5. Demonstrated initiative and capacity to be self-directed in combination with working in a geographically spread team and working with staff who reside interstate.
6. Experience and knowledge with ICT technology, software and applications including the associated protective security policies and standards.
Must Have current negative vetting level 1 clearancecurrent nv1 clearance
The department may extend for period or periods up to 30 June 2023