Jobs/ETL Developer/BI Administrator
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Department is looking for experienced high performing ETL Developers/BI Administrators to join a dynamic analytical team providing important data services to the wider department. As a member of this team, you will help drive improvements in the department’s ability to capture, analyse, manage, and share data and information in order to make better decisions.
The ETL Developers/BI Administrators will provide services under high level direction including:
- develop and maintain ETL processes using a variety of tooling including SSIS and PowerShell
- develop, implement, and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- creation of solution design and technical documentation
- manage data tier security, ensure security policy is followed; contribute to defining database environment security model
- regular monitoring of all critical database processes (e.g., SQL Agent jobs, SSIS packages, etc.) daily
- troubleshoot and resolve SQL Server performance issues
- provide quality support and service delivery to internal clients, including being responsive, ensuring clients are kept informed and meeting required timeframes
- be involved in the setting of standards for database management.
- Experience in building ETL processes - ability to read, analyse and transform data in an efficient manner
- Understanding/experience in troubleshooting and resolving database issues
- Understanding/experience in database design and ability to meet delivery deadlines for the development and implementation of new databases.
- SQL Server knowledge/experience to build, document and administer SQL databases.
- Scripting / software development capability: e.g., T-SQL, PowerShell, Python
- A team player attitude and ability to support other team members in their daily work
- Working knowledge of Active Directory/AAD
- Knowledge/experience of Power BI service administration, including security and performance
- Exposure to DevOps toolsets, such as Azure DevOps
- Exposure to Azure BI resources, e.g., Synapse Analytics, ADLSv2, Power BI, Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate