Overview and Responsibilities
The Department of Industry, Science, Energy, and Resources is seeking to fill multiple positions to support ongoing major projects across the Corporate and Digital Division. The role will be responsible for driving a human-centric approach to service delivery, with a focus on understanding customer, business, and technology needs and balancing these to deliver effective digital services. This is an opportunity to play an integral part in the transformation of government services to deliver fast, simple and user-centric services for government and the public.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on the following projects:
• A high-profile cross-agency program of work, part of the government’s deregulation agenda, with the aim to help make it easier for businesses to take on an employee. The major deliverable is the design and development of an online tool which will guide employers to generate an employee agreement/contract.
• Delivering ongoing service improvements, features, and enhancements to the business.gov.au website, as well as developing new products under the business.gov.au umbrella.
• Contributing to multiple departmental digital initiatives, and service improvements for pubic-facing and internal services, as part of agile multi-disciplinary teams, in the Corporate and Digital Division.
We are seeking experienced Front End Developers / User Interface Designers with a dual skillset, working across both disciplines to deliver intuitive, fit for purpose interfaces through a lean design process, involving rapid prototyping, testing, and iteration of solutions. Candidates will work in multi-disciplinary teams to design and develop product improvements, features, user flows, user interfaces, and front-end enhancements.
- Demonstrated experience designing wireframes, user interfaces, and interactive prototypes with a high attention to detail and ability to rapidly prototype, test, and iterate designs.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to work with and influence multiple stakeholders, and clearly articulate design decisions through a well-conceived rationale.
- Experience in working with others to translate findings from usability testing into actionable improvements to a user interface.
- Have proven evidence of being able to adapt to new platforms and frameworks in a short time frame.
- Experience working within an IT delivery team
- Experience in Developing Design Systems and/or contributing to the growth of such.
- Tertiary Qualifications in a design related discipline (Human Factors, Communication/Graphic Design, Systems Design, Psychology, Computer Interaction, Web development etc.)