Jobs/Front End Developer / User Interface Designer
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$105 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The successful candidates will be embedded in a talented and motivated team, working alongside user researchers, business analysts and developers. The team will be primarily co-located in Industry House in Canberra, and will work using agile software development methods.
You will work closely with others in the team to:
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team, to help define a minimum viable product (MVP) that can be deployed, iterated and improved to add additional value, based on user feedback.
- Lead design and front-end development activities, participating in identifying appropriate design methods, and planning and undertaking a range of ideation activities to seek out diverse ideas and concepts.
- Effectively scope, plan, and contribute to design activities including prototyping, testing, and evaluation of service performance.
- Design and develop wireframes and interactive prototypes for process flows and screens while leveraging off existing models and working within an existing design system.
- Work closely with the team’s user researcher to translate findings from usability testing into improvements for the user interface.
- Have proven evidence of being able to adapt to new platforms and frameworks in a short time frame, and be open to learning new platforms and languages, if required.
- Be a team player with the ability to contribute to a positive team culture of learning, continuous improvement and collaboration. Candidates must also be flexible with a willingness to cross skill and provide assistance to the team as required in an agile environment.
- Demonstrated experience designing wireframes, user interfaces, and interactive prototypes with a high attention to detail and ability to rapidly prototype, test, and iterate designs.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to work with and influence multiple stakeholders, and clearly articulate design decisions through a well-conceived rationale.
- Experience in working with others to translate findings from usability testing into actionable improvements to a user interface.
- Have proven evidence of being able to adapt to new platforms and frameworks in a short time frame.
- Experience working within an IT delivery team
- Experience in Developing Design Systems and/or contributing to the growth of such.
- Tertiary Qualifications in a design related discipline (Human Factors, Communication/Graphic Design, Systems Design, Psychology, Computer Interaction, Web development etc.)
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate